Quality of service and complaints policy for Neil Davies and Partners
At Neil Davies and Partners, we are committed to providing a high-quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
If you have a complaint, please contact (in the first instance) the member of staff who acted for you with the details, by calling 0121 200 7040 or by emailing us on email@example.com. If it cannot be resolved that way then the procedure will be as follows:
What will happen next?
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within seven days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of this procedure.
2. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to the designated supervisor named in our client care letter to you. They will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
3. Your designated supervisor will then send to you a detailed letter within twenty one days in response to your complaint and suggesting solutions.
4. If appropriate we will invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint.
5. Within seven days of any meeting, your designated supervisor will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions they have agreed with you.
6. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should write to us again and we will arrange for one of the partners to review the file and the decision made or alternatively your designated supervisor will re-review their decision.
7. We will write to you within twenty one days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
8. If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman about your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of the date of our final decision on your complaint but for further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman on 0300 555 0333, firstname.lastname@example.org
or via www.legalombudsman.org.uk.
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.